Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Kingdom Now Authority? Whose Authority Is it....Really?

Here's the beginning of awesome stuff here in yesterday's broadcast for anyone concerned about turning today's churches back over to God and making them HIS as they were commanded to be: RIGHTING THE SHIP: 12 THINGS VISION-CASTERS SHOULD REALLY ADDRESS IN 2015
Today, we see evidence of God's authority leaving many of our churches by the shutting down, and closing of their doors. At the same time many Emergent/Seeker Churches are seeing astronomical growth and 'power' in their churches.
But I ask you, if these churches are not following the plan laid out and designed for the Christ's Bride in the Bible, and yet are still continuing to "serve" and do church THEIR way-how is it that they expect God's blessings and authority to be given or stay there? That just isn't going to happen. Because as we read the Scriptures, we find time and time again, story after story- of the LORD giving those He loves over to the evil desires of their hearts. We see then the consequences that ensue when wanting what they want supersedes in heart and actions, above what He's commanded them to do.
Today, I am highly concerned, and my heart is breaking for those who are following blindly- and for those 'Shepherds' who are leading them into experiencing this new, and monumental shaking of "kingdom authority" ...I'd strongly encourage repentance and a monumental pleading with the LORD- to come back and forgive them for thinking they knew how to "do church" better than the Creator of it... and them....as they have no idea, what "authority" it is that they are really indeed exercising.

I found this documentary this morning: The Real Roots of the Emergent Church  found here: http://standupforthetruth.com/2014/05/real-roots-emergent-church-movement/  I haven't had a chance to watch it, but it may just be my New Year's Eve Highlight Film! I was SO excited to finally find so much information on the Emergent Church in one place...a 3 hour documentary. Super Excited! Yes, I'm a Truth Nerd..Bible Geek- call me what you want... I've been deceived and led astray once, by a group of church pastors and a church who we loved and trusted more than we did our own blood family at times, and so when you've been wounded like that, and deceived like that, you tend to not ever want it to happen again. 
I could sit around and cry everyday about how I've been wounded and how wronged I was...or I can learn everything I can about the Truth- and fix my eyes on Scripture and my LORD.  In seeking after Truth, sometimes more lies fly up at you-and in that, I'm reminded of all those who we love, all those who are still there, being led like blind lambs to the slaughter...and once again-I see, and I'm reminded, of what I do not want to be a part of....ever again, but it also reminds me of how in sharing the Truth, maybe one or two or even 50 can come to a knowledge of it as well, LORD willing. 
God is not in the business of hiding His Truth from us, it's just that sometimes we are so content with the lies, and we like them...they suit our desires and our goals in life- that we choose to believe them, and so our eyes are veiled. It's been my experience that God doesn't reveal truth to those who are hellbent and content in living and believing a lie- lies are from the father of lies...Scripture tells us that. Truth has always been my life preserver, though, and so for that, I am thankful for my messed up childhood and all the traumas that came with it and the rest of my life. All that pain made me seek and fight for the truth, at all costs, and that is something the Lord knows, that He can trust me with....until my last dying breath. 
Pride is our enemy. If it is what made the devil the devil, and kept him out of heaven, trust and believe, it will keep us out of there as well. I was blessed this past summer with a regenerated heart...something I never thought was possible- something I didn't even understand at the time-I didn't know what was happening to me. But for it, I am so eternally grateful, and now I intend to use it to serve the LORD my God, with every ounce of Love that's in it- by fighting for His Truth. 
It's my prayer everyday, sometimes many times a day, that my pride never gets in the way, or keeps me from seeing His Truth. To be spiritually blind, and have a hardened heart, is not something I desire- ever again.... If hearts continue to harden themselves to truth and continue to choose lies to suit the pride of self, God will come along and He Himself, will cement that heart...and that's something that should terrify each and every one of us. This world is nothing, it is so fleeting, everything in it can be blown away in one breathe by Him...I pray we as a people stop believing the lies, seek Him, and in doing so, are given the eyes and hearts to see the Truth.  

Director Elliott Nesch of the Church of Tares video (another must-see!), says this about his film,The Real Roots of the Emergent Church:
Because diversity characterizes the Emergent Church movement, it is difficult to paint everyone in the movement with a broad brush. Some have observed that defining the Emergent Church is like nailing jello to a wall. All participants agree on their disillusionment with the institutional church, but do not all agree on where the church is destined to go from here. They share a common concern with many evangelicals over the state of the modern church, especially the mega-church phenomenon and “seeker-friendly” churches. For this reason, many evangelicals who observe the Emerging Church are fascinated by it, drawn to its creative approaches to worship, genuineness of many of the leaders and desire to reach Gen Xers. However, these evangelicals fail to look beyond it to understand its underlying theology, or lack thereof.
This Christian documentary film The Real Roots of the Emergent Church will take an honest look at the leaders of the Emerging Church movement such as Brian McLaren, Doug Pagitt, Tony Jones, Rob Bell, Tony Campolo, Steve Chalke, Peter Rollins, Dan Kimball, Richard Rohr, Phyllis Tickle, Spencer Burke and others. Who are they and what are they teaching? Become familiar with the postmodern Emergent Church and its popular tactic of literary deconstruction applied to the Bible. This film takes an in-depth look at what the Emerging Church believes concerning the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Scriptures, absolute truth, hell, homosexuality, mysticism, contemplative prayer, other religions, and eschatology in comparison to the Bible. Much more than candles and couches!
Subjects of this film were contacted for direct interviews. Doug Pagitt, Tony Jones and others were contacted in April 2011. No response. At a Love Wins book signing, Rob told us he would be willing to do an interview and to contact his church which was done several times with no response. We do not fault them for that knowing they are all probably very busy people. But for this reason we have resorted to their own public statements. This film is our way of joining the conversation.
Participants: Eric Ludy, Joe Schimmel, Chris Rosebrough, Bob DeWaay, Gary Gilley, Ray Yungen, Robert LeBus, Jay Peters, James Sundquist, and Elliott Nesch.

Another Emergent Video, found here: http://standupforthetruth.com/2012/11/church-of-tares-a-must-see-video/   Link: Church of Tares:Purpose Driven, Seeker-Sensitive, Church Growth & New World Order:


No comments:

Post a Comment