Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Addiction: A Disease Only God Or Death Will Cure

I used to be an Addict-and when I couldn't get drugs for whatever reason- I got alcohol and I became an Alcoholic. Sometimes I'd drink from sun up til pass out- sometimes I'd wait til 5 pm and only have 1-2-But regardless of the consistency, or the quantity, or the drug- this is basically what Addiction is: It's "I don't like the way I feel, and I want to feel better." I had an excuse- I was young and stupid- and then again later in life- I had another excuse-that almost anyone could understand- my child was hurt by a monster- and I used the guilt I felt from that to lead me to that way of life- yet again.
For some rehab works, for some jail works, or moving, or even losing your job-your car-your kids- or your home. But NONE of this works for EVERYONE. It's all temporary, subject to change, and dependent on others or yourself and your emotions...people change-emotions change, things change,circumstances change, but God NEVER changes. "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever"-Hebrews 13:8 “For I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed.-Malachi 3:6 There IS A CURE for Addiction-other then death-and that CURE is GOD!
Today I thank Him- that I didn't have to move, I didn't have to lose my kids, I didn't have to go to jail, I didn't have to go to rehab, I don't have to watch for triggers, or avoid people or places...I just had to hit my knees and ask God to come into my heart and take control over my life. I always made a huge mess when I was in control of it up to that point anyways! It's about quitting thinking you know what's right and you know how to fix it- or that you even HAVE the ability to be ABLE to fix it. It's trusting in what you have never seen- but always have known to be in your heart and at the core of who you are.
Its about REALLY being able to let go and say goodbye to all of that pain, hurt, rejection you've carried around for so long- and saying hello to true, real, and LASTING happiness for the first time in your life- and not doing ANYTHING to have it happen- but allowing Him to make it possible. It's real, and I'm proof of His power, His abilities to make it happen in YOUR own life as well. Trust Him today- ask Him to come in today- and watch as your faith allows each and every circumstance you're facing now to change completely!

No comments:

Post a Comment